- Work in Arizona (other than for seasonal agricultural work) –or–
- Are registered to vote in Arizona –or–
- Place children in school without paying the tuition rate of a nonresident –or–
- Have a business that has an office in Arizona, and that bases and operates vehicles in this state –or–
- Obtain a state license or pay school tuition fees at the same rate as an Arizona resident –or–
- Have a business that operates vehicles to transport goods or passengers within Arizona –or–
- Remain in Arizona for a total of 7 months or more during any calendar year, regardless of your permanent residence.
Out-of-state students enrolled with 7 or more semester hours, are not considered Arizona residents, regardless of employment.
Active duty military personnel based in Arizona who qualify for exemption under the Service Members Civil Relief Act of 2003 are not considered Arizona residents.